Senior Building Regulations Consultant
About the Company
BCA Logic is a Building Compliance consultancy firm, established to service key industry players throughout Australia. BCA Logic was established in 1997, and now employs around 20 staff with a central location in our Sydney CBD Office.
This is a permanent position which offers long-term career growth with diverse opportunities and is ideally suited to someone who is driven by the challenge of taking the business further, keen to create their own mark and is driven to move their own career forward.
You will work in an enviable office environment that is both supportive and friendly, with excellent resources and a genuine work/life balance approach.
As a Senior Building Regulations Consultant you will be responsible for providing timely and effective support to Directors and Managers as well as assisting with mentoring and supporting Building Regulations Consultants and Assistant Building Regulations Consultants, while ensuring personal targets are achieved.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Directors and Managers with delivering services within timeframes, cost and quality
- Source your own clients, in addition to the work provided to you by BCA Logic and identify opportunities for new business market or clients.
- Prepare fee proposals and liaise with clients to identify their needs
- Review, assess and provide recommendations of various stages of developments including out of scope works Work on-site assessments and reporting – This will include representing BCA Logic at site visits and client meetings
- Provide advice and interpretation of the Access provisions of the Building Regulations and other associated documents. Disability (Access to Premises – Building) Standards 2010
- Assist in the application of Building Regulations to project design and development
- Perform fire protection surveys and audits of existing buildings for fire safety upgrading and changes of uses
- Review appraisals and certification of “Essential Fire Safety Measures”
- Assist in the selection of materials and construction methods to achieve compliance with the Building Regulations and provide design options to satisfy the relevant Building Regulations
- Prepare Fire Safety Engineering assessments of new and existing buildings
- Prepare “Alternative Solution” Design verification reports
Our assessment criteria for this position will include:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Hold a relevant post graduate degree, such as the Graduate Diploma of Building Surveying
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Be capable of being accredited as a Grade 1 Building Surveyor under the provisions of the NSW BPB Accreditation Scheme