9 Baywater Drive, Wentworth Point
Image: 9 Baywater Drive, Wentworth Point
Like many buildings, the building contained Aluminium Composite Panel (ACP) and the owners were unsure if it was compliant or not. BCA logic initially undertook a survey of the cladding.
- Initial inspection to determine the extent of cladding and the nature of the core;
- Sampling of the core and laboratory testing;
- Identifying the manufacturer and obtaining details of the material supplied
- Prepared a report suitable for submission to council
- Recommendation of suitable materials to replace the existing cladding
- Site inspection of the existing wall build up to ensure the new material will comply.
The building has had the cladding replaced with a non-combustible alternative which provides the same visual appeal, but without the risk of an external façade fire.
For further information on Cladding services offered by BCA Logic, click here
Andrew Thackray, Richard Crookes Constructions David Bannerman, Bannermans Lawyers Pat Gocher, Caverstock Group