Like many buildings, the building contained Aluminium Composite Panel (ACP) and the owners were unsure if it was compliant or not. BCA logic initially undertook a survey of the cladding.
- Initial inspection to determine the extent of cladding and the nature of the core;
- Sampling of the core and laboratory testing;
- Identifying the manufacturer and obtaining details of the material supplied
- Prepared a report suitable for submission to council
- Recommendation of suitable materials to replace the existing cladding
- Site inspection of the existing wall build up to ensure the new material will comply.
The building has had the cladding replaced with a non-combustible alternative which provides the same visual appeal, but without the risk of an external façade fire.